What Do We Offer?
- Print and electronic resources for students and staff to borrow or use in-house.
- Computers to access the Internet, undertake research, prepare documents or use interactive software programs.
- Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities.
- Wireless Internet access for your laptops.
- Online access to the library resources from home.
- Class or individual library training Professional library staff to assist and support you.
- Helpful professional staff committed to customer service.
- Program-specific and individual training and assistance.
- On-campus and off-campus access to a range of databases with electronic journal titles and e-books.
- Programs oriented core collections of print books, audio visual material and journals.
- Evaluated and selected collection of web resources.
- Detailed subject guides tailored for specific programs.
The Library Catalog lists all materials held in ADVETI Libraries.
- Access from campus and off campus via internet
- Includes books, online journals ebooks, DVD’s.
Search by author’s name or book title keyword search that will locate items based on words from the title or subject Write down the call number which shows where you can find the item on the shelves.
For further detailed help on how to search the catalog, check the online Getting Started: Search tutorial.
Combine search elements to refine a search or limit your search by language, format, item type and other elements.
For a more detailed help on power search, please check the online Power Search Help tutorial.
- E-library Searching Guide
- Safari Books Online Help
- ADVETI’s Library Catalog Searching
- EBSCOhost Database Searching Tips
Orientation sessions provide a friendly introduction to the library. They are offered for new students and staff. In an orientation session, a library staff member will outline:
- Services and facilities offered by the library.
- The range of available resources including e-resources.
- How to borrow from the library.
- How to use the catalogue.
The length of an orientation session and what information is included can be tailored to the specific needs of a group.
Information Lteracy Sessions
As the skills required to find and use information effectively are essential for effective learning, the library offers sessions designed to help students develop these skills.
An information literacy session is ideally structured around a current course topic or assessment to provide a meaningful context for the development of the skills. Information Literacy modules include:
- Finding Books
- Scholarly vs. Popular Literature
- Effective Web Searching
- Search Strategies/Databases
- Evaluating Web Resources
- Plagiarism and Academic Integrity
To book an information literacy session and discuss its content, please contact your campus librarian or fill the Library Instruction on Demand Form and drop it at the circulation desk.
All ADVETI students, teachers and staff receive automatic membership to the library.
Exceptional membership privileges may be extended to other members of the public, university and school students as and when the need arises.
Students: Maximum of 6 items. Books loaned for 2 weeks. Items may be renewed twice
Staff: Unlimited number of items. Books loaned for 2 weeks. Items may be borrowed for a whole semester with the librarian’s approval. Number of equipment and AV items loaned and loan periods vary. Items may be renewed twice
All borrowed items must be returned on or before the due date unless they are renewed
Borrowed items can be renewed twice, at the circulation desk or by phone. Please check the Library location, hours and contact details . Items can also be renewed online via the library catalogue. You will need to login with your V number and a PIN. Ask library staff for a PIN the first time you borrow. Very overdue or reserved items cannot be renewed.
Reminder notices are sent to borrowers if items are not returned by the due date. Borrowing rights may be suspended. If overdue items are not returned, borrowers will be invoiced for the replacement cost of items and a non-refundable administration fee will be charged. Issuing of awards is suspended while charges are outstanding.
Reservations may be placed on items that have been borrowed.
You will be notified when the item is returned. Items waiting for collection are held at the loans desk for three days. Reservation requests may also be placed through library staff or electronically via our catalogue.
Users who have significantly overdue items will automatically debarred from borrowing items or using library services until the overdue items are returned or the replacement cost is paid.
Staff and students will be able to book some library training resources, equipment, and training sessions for hourly or daily slots.
Staff can book: Library digital camera (available only in some campuses). CDs, DVDs and other specialized staff resources. Library orientation and information literacy sessions and specialized library training. Library projectors (available only in some campuses)
Students can book: Library projectors (available only in some campuses). Library digital camera (available only in some campuses). Library orientation and information literacy sessions and specialized library training
Suggest a Purchase
Items not held by the Library may be suggested for purchase. Please contact the library or use the online request form to suggest an item for purchasing.