ADVETI offers students support services and extracurricular activities to enhance their learning experience while studying at the Institutes. A wide range of activities is organized in line with the Student Activities Policy.
A wide range of services is also provided with emphasis on health promotion and the facilitation of systems to support student engagement and participation in events.
Counseling Services are provided to students in a range of areas such as personal, health, behavioural and disciplinary issues.
Counselors also assist students in their study skills and career choices.
The Student Council strives to:
- Provide representation for all students of the Institute to Management.
- Maintain and advance the welfare of all students of the Institute.
- Provide a democratic and transparent forum in which student affairs and interests can be governed in an effective and accountable manner.
- Represent the Institute in major events as spokespersons and through Student Ambassadors.
- Take part in the organisation of student events and activities.
Promotion of Health and Safety
Activities and regular health campaigns are held to promote a healthy lifestyle and the wellbeing of students. Blood donation campaigns are held twice in each academic year.
Health and Safety Advisors provide nutrition services and guidance to assist students in making healthy food choices.
The Health Advisors also assist the Security Guards to ensure the safety of all students and staff on campus, especially female students on the Institute premises.
Participation in Sports & Special Events
Special events and extracurricular activities such as the celebration of UAE National Day , Bazaars and Expos are held at the Institutes throughout the year.
ADVETI promotes and celebrates student achievements, both within the Institutes and in the community, and also participates in career fairs such as the NAJAH Exhibition.
Students have the opportunity to participate in various sports and recreational activities and competitions.
The Student Council
ADVETI values leadership as an integral part of education and training. Leadership involves high levels of participation and sharing and seeks to inspire and affirm student participation. Staff and students are encouraged to exercise their individual potential for leadership through the sharing of information and resources.
The Student Council aims to offer students opportunities for leadership, to develop their talents to the fullest and meet the needs of each Institute’s community.
Members of the Student Council are:
- Encouraged to acknowledge and utilise their leadership potential through recognition of their gifts and talents.
- Invited to accept responsibility for community development and organisation through election to positions of special responsibility.
- Given leadership opportunities through a variety of structures on campus.
- Instrumental in motivating and inspiring others.
- Provide the career education and guidance services required by students to enhance their personal and social development.
- Encourage educational achievement and promote lifelong learning.
- Offer assistance to students to help them make informed career choices.
- Help students resolve personal problems, relationship difficulties or mental health problems.
- Offer advice on prioritizing, making important decisions, managing time efficiently and managing energy levels more effectively
- Give advice on making a decision to continue or defer studies.
are specially selected to represent ADVETI in formal events by
- Greeting VIPs.
- Guiding official visitors around the campus.
- Making presentations to visitors.
- Speaking about ADVETI to students at schools.
- Serving as Master of Ceremonies at special events.
- Being interviewed and photographed by the press.
The ambassadors are given special training in communication skills, presentation skills, tour guiding, protocol and dealing with the media.